Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Sunshine on Heritage!

Date: 11/10/12 18:53
Sunshine on Heritage!
Author: santafe199

If you knew you were going to get sunshine for only 1 single train in 3 days of chasing you'd probably want to choose your train very wisely. We never got that choice! I was visiting the Land of Lincoln with my very gracious host: Mr. Gary Helling (shoptonfan). We did have the above scenario happen to us at Dawson, IL. But neither one of us were complaining, because an unexpected NKP heritage unit appeared in our viewfinders as Mr. Sol shone for the first & ONLY time during my 72 hours in Illinois. It was only for a couple of minutes, but it was enough to put NKP 8100 in the 'good file'...

1. 2. & 3. NS 1028 & NKP heritage unit 8100 hauling train 398 through Dawson, IL on November 7, 2012.

Thanks for a brief shining moment!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/19 19:44 by santafe199.

Date: 11/10/12 18:59
Re: Sunshine on Heritage!
Author: mojaveflyer

Nice catch, Lance! That's an ominous looking sky in #1.

Date: 11/11/12 08:35
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Some people do not like the going away shots but I do. Nice picture as I think that going away one is really superb. Thanks for sharing...

Date: 11/11/12 11:20
Author: santafe199

Forever-Railfan-45 Wrote:

> Some people do not like the going away shots but I
> do..............

Thanks. I do take 'away' shots more for record (ie: Dawson water tower) than scenic shooting, but this did turn out kinda cool. And although it looks skewed a little sideways, that civil defense siren accidentally looks like the 1028's engine horn 'on steroids'... ;^)

Lance

Date: 11/12/12 07:21
Author: bnsfsd70

Lance, that first shot is really sweet.

It does bother me a bit though how often these units seem to trail in consists. I know they're just another engine to the RR, but come on. Please? UP seems to have these lead more often than not, but the NS doesn't. Ugh...

- Jeff Carlson

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.086 seconds