Home Open Account Help 389 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > "Then & Now @ 'MH' Tower"

Date: 11/11/12 14:20
"Then & Now @ 'MH' Tower"
Author: aussiehinz

The evolution of "MH" Tower in Chicago can be seen in these two views taken from 16th Street just a month shy of 8 years apart. In the first photo, an eastbound BNSF to NS Detroit Edison (DTE) unit coal train comes past a recently erected cell tower and the location that will sport the construction of a new townhouse development known as "Union Row," starting in 2008. Of course, I had absolutely no idea of that circumstance when I took this photo in December, 2004, nor would I ever have imagined I would eventually make my home there. In the second picture, taken this morning, another BNSF to NS DTE unit train treads the very same path, only this time, it eases past a completed neighborhood of townhouses, comprised of three separate buildings and over 20 individual units.

Cheers,

aussiehinz

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/12 14:50 by aussiehinz.

Date: 11/11/12 18:46
Re: "Then & Now @ 'MH' Tower"
Author: IC_2024

Neat story and pics to illustrate 'MH's' evolution! When I worked here in '86-'88, I would've never imagined the development that's taken place. BTW, when did Union Ave Tower finally bite the dust?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/12/12 06:18
Re: "Then & Now @ 'MH' Tower"
Author: 494

great couple of photos...i can't remember the last time i saw one of those usps trailers on the road.
thanks for sharing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0492 seconds