Home Open Account Help 286 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Some Rejects...

Date: 11/11/12 19:43
Some Rejects...
Author: Milw_E70

From that certain rail photography website we all love. These are all from a trip I made to the Canadian Pacific line between Portage, Wisconsin and the Twin Cities in August of 2008 when Milwaukee Road 261 passed through heading back home to MSP.

1. MILW 261 and train crossing the Mississippi River at Hastings, MN.
2. The next day, soot covered P32BWH #518 leads the eastbound Empire Builder into its station stop at Red Wing, MN.
3. Eastbound #886 (?) with BNSF run-through power meets a westbound with a pair of Soo Line candy apple red SD60s in front of the former Milwaukee Road station at La Crosse, WI.

Date: 11/11/12 19:46
Re: Some Rejects...
Author: Milw_E70

4. That same Soo Line pair heading west at Dakota, MN.

Now please, don't let this turn into a thread bashing RP or their standards. It's their website and they can do whatever they seem fit.

Thanks for looking!

Date: 11/11/12 20:11
Author: CFWRRCEO

Fine set of rejects you got there.

Date: 11/11/12 20:18
Author: santafe199

Someone once said: "One person's trash is often another person's treasure" (or something like that).
Good stuff, pal!

Lance

Date: 11/12/12 05:25
Author: althewelder

Well, if you don't want me to bash them then I will just say nice photos.

AL Bayer

Date: 11/12/12 05:46
Author: SCKP187

That last one just cannot be classified as a reject. Wish many of mine were composed as it. Really like the logo on the bridge and for some reason I always appreciated that Amtrak paint scheme the most. Thanks for showing them.
Brian Stevens

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/12/12 13:47
Author: SP8595

Great pics!

Date: 11/12/12 14:59
Author: garr

santafe199 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone once said: "One person's trash is often
> another person's treasure" (or something like
> that).
> Good stuff, pal!
>
> Lance

To paraphrase, the subject matter turns "yesterday's rejects in to today's treasures". I have a large number of photos from the '70s when I was first learning photography as a young teenager which were rejects then but make the grade today because of items photographed. My only regret today is that they were negatives instead of slides.

Jay

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0408 seconds