Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Bureau Illinois

Date: 11/14/12 17:27
Bureau Illinois
Author: kjangel

I had a bit of time to kill this afternoon, so I made my way to Bureau Illinois. The Iowa Interstate (ex Rock Island Lines) Peoria Sub intersects with the East/West main line in Bureau. I found the Peoria Rocket (Peoria turn) returning to town and switching a few cars before the sun was lost for the day.

1. IAIS 704 and IAIS 701 sit on the Peoria track getting ready to start switching, the puddle is the result of Sunday's rain fall.

2. IAIS 704 pulls across Hwy 29 to begin the final switching of the day.

3. Across from the IAIS tracks in Bureau is the Hennepin Canal (State Trail/Park). Not train related, but you get a picture of Lock #3 on the Hennepen Canal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/12 17:39 by kjangel.

Date: 11/14/12 17:30
Re: Bureau Illinois
Author: kjangel

4. One final picture of IAIS 704

Date: 11/15/12 02:30
Author: FP45

Those are some mighty fine photos! Love chasing the Rocket!
Sean in Lacon IL

Posted from Android

Date: 11/15/12 13:17
Author: featherbedder

In 1960 I worked as a brakeman on the Rock Island on the local out of Peoria and on the real Peoria Rocket out of Chicago.Is the local still working out of Peoria ? or does it come out of Bureau now? Most of the days we used to turn at Chilicothe after we worked the Santa Fe interchange and cleared the Rocket.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0406 seconds