Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Santa Cruz Branch Line (Calif) ribbon cutting Saturday

Date: 11/15/12 20:47
Santa Cruz Branch Line (Calif) ribbon cutting Saturday
Author: Highspeed

It's been mentioned on a few threads here on TO: a ribbon-cutting event sponsored by the Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission to celebrate their purchase of the line (really?). They have a press release at http://sccrtc.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/RTCRailRibbonCuttingFlyer.pdf

But what was really unexpected was the new operator (Iowa Pacific dba Santa Cruz & Monterey Bay Railway) is running a Christmas train. Seems a little corny, but may very well be a public relations gold mine. I am wondering if this idea came from the SC, or if it is sponsored by the Santa Cruz Seaside Company (owners of The Boardwalk)? The XMAS website is https://www.traintochristmastown.com/

Date: 11/15/12 22:09
Re: Santa Cruz Branch Line (Calif) ribbon cutting Satur
Author: asheldrake

a "little corny"???? I take exception......not to those that still believe in Santa and those young and old (me)
who think they have a winner. We here in the PNW get the full effect of the Mount Hood Railroad media blitz for
their Polar Express operation in Hood River. Seems to me that Iowa Pacific knows what they are doing...
Yes, I will have my full family (9) on the Holiday Express with Santa on board here in Portland. Arlen

Date: 11/15/12 23:22
Author: chakk

Sounds neat to me. Unfortunately, the weather is forecast to be nasty, with rain showers throughout the weekend Friday thru Sunday.

Date: 11/16/12 18:15
Author: crossbucks

what kind of passanger cars are they using only saw pics of the Fs haven't seen any cars and if there are cars hiding some where were did the come from

Date: 11/17/12 00:51
Author: dan

iowa pacific may have 10 caRS OUT THERE

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.027 seconds