Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Just Another ND Day

Date: 11/20/12 16:34
Just Another ND Day
Author: kodachrome9319

A friend from Minneapolis visited for two reasons, BNSF SD60M's and CP F units. I've posted the SD60M and F unit shots already, but didn't post the trains in between... BNSF was kind enough to send some nice looking trains.

1) BNSF 9281 West leads a G-JASTAC9 (Jasper, MN to Tacoma, WA) through Surrey, ND while a farmer burns his fields off:

2) The same train, loaded with soybeans, works hard over the Gassman trestle in Minot:

3) This Summer a severe thunderstorm rolled through, causing extensive damage to the old GN water tower in Des Lacs, ND. This was my first shot of the water tower since it was destroyed by 90+MPH straight-line winds... It should be behind the ACe!

Date: 11/20/12 16:37
Re: Just Another ND Day
Author: mojaveflyer

Nice series... I really like #3!

Date: 11/20/12 16:37
Author: qnyla

I like #3 also. Great stuff.

Date: 11/20/12 16:38
Author: kodachrome9319

The sun was low on the horizon, and a M-WILDIL was next on the list. We found a spot to get the turned signals of what are now the absolutes for West Berthold. The oil boom has changed a lot on the Glasgow Sub, a 3200' siding extension at Berthold, a 10400 foot siding at Tagus, ND, and countless oil loading facilities.

4) The WILDIL passes the turned heads at sunset, in Berthold, ND:

5) Minot West ran two Westbounds, ultimately delaying the WILDIL and making me get a little more creative for a silhouette at Gassman trestle:

The day was over, sleep was on the horizon, and it was a fun day. Thanks for viewing.

Date: 11/20/12 16:48
Author: qnyla

Excellent work in #4 and #5.

Date: 11/20/12 17:21
Author: PasadenaSub

Great stuff, Steven - especially the sunset shots.

Date: 11/20/12 19:05
Author: Milw_E70

Fantastic stuff as usual bro!

Date: 11/22/12 08:55
Author: ns1000

SUPER pics!!!! Thanks for sharing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds