Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Whereizit?

Date: 11/21/12 16:53
Whereizit?
Author: Norris

-Long Bell Bob

Date: 11/21/12 18:19
Re: Whereizit?
Author: rehunn

I'm not liking your posts, they look too much like somewhere I sorta remember but not
quite. Seriously, the mill ruins look like Bieber (NOT Nubieber) but I don't think the
mill ever had rail service.

Date: 11/21/12 18:39
Author: hiline

rehunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not liking your posts, they look too much like
> somewhere I sorta remember but not
> quite. Seriously, the mill ruins look like Bieber
> (NOT Nubieber) but I don't think the
> mill ever had rail service.

The mill in Bieber never had rail service. There was a mill a few miles north of Nubieber along the track's and the surrounding hill's do look like the area. I'm interested in seeing the answer.

Date: 11/22/12 09:05
Author: Norris

It is a surprise that the TO loggers didn't get this. The scene is Seneca in Eastern Oregon. The partially dismantled building to the right is the locomotive shops for the Hines logging railroad which ran fifty miles east, and was dismantled in 1956. The tracks on the left belong to the common carrier Oregon and Northwestern, which ran to Burns, and connected to the U.P. It stopped running in 1984, the line from Burns east struggled for another 10 years and finally cut back to about 16 miles from the main UP line. Today at Seneca there is just a concrete pad where the shops used to lie.
-Long Bell Bob
Missoula, MT

Date: 11/22/12 16:31
Author: rehunn

It would have been easier from the other side because the hill would
have been shown. That view completely misses the topography around the
shops.

Date: 11/22/12 18:52
Author: funnelfan

I would never had guessed that even though I've been in the exact spot the photograph was taken. Looks like the old shops burned at some point.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0325 seconds