Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > few Joint Line today . .

Date: 11/28/12 12:24
few Joint Line today . .
Author: 3rdswitch

. . been awhile since I got off by butt and went out for a few shots so this morning when tipped off that a UP generator train wound be heading south I decided what the . . with threatening skies headed north to ORSA siding located just north of Castle Rock, CO on the exSanta Fe side of the now joint UP-BNSF Denver Pueblo, CO Joint Line and waited about forty five minutes and the first train by was a southbound BNSF coal load (top) followed a half hour or so by this southbound BNSF manifest (middle) and close behind was the UP generator train (bottom) which snuck up on me as I was taking a large bite out of my Sonic double cheeseburger. Looks like UP made an effort to pick the grungiest unit they could find for a leader which had obviously been in coal serice on the Moffitt as trailing unit for some time. After quite an interlude another nice day in the neighborhood.
JB

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/12 14:56 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 11/28/12 12:55
Re: few Joint Line today . .
Author: mgwsy1978

What happenedto that UP unit? it looks like its has soot from a fire all over the front of it and sides of the cab.

Date: 11/28/12 13:13
Author: Railfan4Christ

Great shots, Joe. I wonder if that UP 7097 is a former SP unit. ;)

Date: 11/28/12 16:09
Author: SP8595

Nice grab on the BNSF Goat Boat leader and Holy Cow, is that a terrible looking UP engine, WOW!

Date: 11/28/12 16:15
Author: westernking

Railfan4Christ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great shots, Joe. I wonder if that UP 7097 is a
> former SP unit. ;)
No it's pure UPee

Date: 11/28/12 18:56
Author: DynamicBrake

Looks like the 7097 has seen a little coal service lately. You're killing me with these "another nice day in the neighborhood" shots. Thanks Joe........

Kent in Carmel Valley

Date: 11/28/12 20:10
Author: 3rdswitch

When I saw the 7000 number I thought it wouldn't be good but had no idea how bad! Thanks for the tip.
JB

Date: 11/28/12 21:07
Author: NH2006

Wow! Can't believe UP lets them get that bad...must be ex-SP folks who are still numb....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0397 seconds