Home Open Account Help 232 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Surprises in Salina, KS today

Date: 11/28/12 19:21
Surprises in Salina, KS today
Author: upkpfan

Found some nice surprises in Salina, KS today as I made my rounds,First 3 pics, is of a new RailGon gondola GNTX 295921, next car was 295922 and there was a 3rd. one also. all built 11-12. Siting on the track that goes to the Salina Iron and Steel junk yard for loads of the olde cheap junk iron now. upkpfan

Date: 11/28/12 19:26
Re: Surprises in Salina, KS today

Next surprise was this transformer just sitting there by it's lonesome self waiting for me to come and take it's pic. Going to Engery, CO. 3rd. pic is of the way it is anchored to the flatcar. upkpfan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/12 19:40 by upkpfan.

Date: 11/28/12 19:45
Author: sd39

Very nice!
Wild, brand new car setting at a junk dealer...

Clarence

Date: 11/28/12 19:55
Author: JoCoLB

Good job, Marv!

Larry B.

Date: 11/29/12 07:18

Correction,
The RR guy in Salina gave me bad info on the transformer. It is going to Limon, CO , and not Engery,and interchanged to the KYLE and then taken to Genoa. CO to the windfarm there. When I first seen it, I figured it was probably going to Limon so I asked a switchman there and that was what he told me. upkpfan

Date: 11/29/12 12:45
Author: tolland

Great pics, Marv! Heavy load for the Kyle. It would be interesting to see how they unload it.

Date: 11/29/12 15:03

Jim wrote,
<It would be interesting to see how they unload it.> Very carefully. Probably the same company that unloaded the one here will be unloading that one. I watched them here and after they got everything set up, it took less than 10 minutes and it was on the truck trailer. pretty neat. upkpfan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds