Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More Black & White...

Date: 11/29/12 21:42
More Black & White...
Author: nwkrailfan

...but, from Kansas this time! Once again, browsing through my photo folders on my hard drive, I found a chase that I never posted any photos from...this is now a common trend with me...must come with senioritis. (Senioritis: The act of losing all self motivation your senior year of high school.) Well, I picked out three photos from the chase of UP 7309 east, that had little to no color depth, no nose light, and well sometimes B&W just bodes better with me. These photos made good candidates for black and white conversion, and the results are as follows! While they don't provide the same look as B&W film, they still look good to me. Once again, I know black and white isn't for everyone, but for some reason I have been into it lately. Hopefully you like it!

1) UP 7309 glides through Ellis, Kansas past the site of the now demolished UP Hotel, Division Offices, and Depot. The 7309 is also a shell of its former self with only a 4,400 HP prime mover providing power, rather than the as delivered 6,000 HP prime mover.
2) Rounding the curve leading into the straight away towards Hays Siding, 7309 keeps up to track speed with a green signal just ahead.
3) Climbing a short hill, the train leaves Toulon in its rear-view mirror and even further behind the prairie skyscrapers of Hays, Kansas.

All photos taken on October 10th, 2012.
Thanks for looking!
Luke Lohrmeyer
nwkrailfan

Date: 11/30/12 05:55
Re: More Black & White...
Author: texchief1

The last one is pretty nice.

Randy Lundgren

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.059 seconds