Home Open Account Help 279 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Another Canada to IL pipeline is purchased...

Date: 12/11/12 10:04
Another Canada to IL pipeline is purchased...
Author: Lackawanna484

Spectra Energy is buying the 1,700 mile Express-Platte pipeline from Kinder Morgan and investors. The pipe delivers crude oil from Canada to Illinois, where it feeds midwest and Rocky Mountain refineries by other pipe connections. It appears likely that SE will expand the pipeline to increase oil throughput.

No question that a lot of money is flowing into the pipeline business, and more pipe expansion is likely in the next five years. In the mean time, it's a great business for railroads.

I wonder if we'll see increased Canada to Rocky Mountains crude oil trains to feed the Colorado refineries while the expansion is underway?

(Some accounts suggest SE got a steal of a deal. The pipeline needs some work, Kinder Morgan hasn't kept the pipe up to date by some accounts, and both Kinder and the investors are looking for cash.)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/spectra-buy-canada-illinois-pipeline-134113124.html

Date: 12/11/12 12:36
Re: Another Canada to IL pipeline is purchased...
Author: funnelfan

I wonder if they plan to put a line from Canada down into Montana to tap the Bakken Reserve.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 12/11/12 12:49
Re: Another Canada to IL pipeline is purchased...
Author: fbe

funnelfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if they plan to put a line from Canada
> down into Montana to tap the Bakken Reserve.

Part of the permitting process for the XL pipeline out of the tar sands was installation of a tap to allow the Bakken crude to flow south.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds