Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Friday afternoon at Greenacres - CBR

Date: 01/05/13 19:37
Friday afternoon at Greenacres - CBR
Author: WOPRJim

This last week the track crews have been working the line South of Coos Bay (Oregon), replacing ties. Thursday I saw a parade of yellow track cars (tamper, tie puller, spiker, etc...) headed back towards the Yard while I was driving home through Millington. The section they were in was not a good spot to pull over and take photos, so I hoped they would be further along South Friday in hope of some photos. I also saw a pair of the GPs crossing the Coalbank Slough bridge on the way out of town. Friday passing through Bunker Hill I noticed the tracks were blocked with empty centerbeams, so I figured my luck was running "normal" and the crews had wrapped up early for the weekend - LOL! When I got home I changed outfits and went for a run out to the tracks/highway & back. All seemed quiet, but just before getting back to the house my wife passed me and excitedly told me she had just seen a train go through the Greenacres crossing; normally you can hear the whistle blow for the crossing. She had seen it coming up from the South and waited a couple minutes for it to get to the crossing. Attached are some of the photos she had stopped & grabbed on her cellphone. The gates aren't working, so the crossing was flagged, she said. The train of centerbeams was headed North (left to right) with a couple of riders on the lead car and the engine pushing.
Jim

Date: 01/05/13 20:47
Re: Friday afternoon at Greenacres - CBR
Author: railstiesballast

Whoa! The gates are up, can you explain?

Date: 01/05/13 21:01
Re: Friday afternoon at Greenacres - CBR
Author: roustabout

railstiesballast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whoa! The gates are up, can you explain?

Rusty rails or the gates were taken out of service previously.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0465 seconds