Home Open Account Help 229 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Signal (shot last) Sunday: Mr. Cloud gets a last laugh

Date: 02/14/13 03:31
Signal (shot last) Sunday: Mr. Cloud gets a last laugh
Author: santafe199

I was on the way home last Sunday (10th) from an "under"-whelming day behind the camera. It had been touch & go with the clouds all afternoon in the Topeka & Lawrence areas. Mainly, the sneaky clouds would TOUCH my intended subject just about every time I was ready to GO and take a shot. After exchanging 30 to 40 MPH wind-blown pleasantries with "bnsfsd70" in Lawrence I called it a day and headed for home. West of Topeka I had been keeping my eye on a pinkish glow behind the cloud bank on the southwestern horizon. All of a sudden the sun threatened to burst through those clouds! I took up position behind an intermediate signal on the KP next to US hwy 24 west of Rossville, KS. I was hoping to get what I thought would be some "killer" shots. I had anticipated that Mr. Sol would blaze forth for a few seconds before retiring for the evening. But then my anticipation of making up for a so-so day went totally THUD! You can surmise my 'dark disappointment' in the Mr. Cloud-masked bleakness of shot #2.

Oh well, ya can't win 'em all! It was all secondary to my getting some Valentine's Day shopping done anyhow. THAT mission was a total success with me finding a nice little turquoise pendant that will look really nice on this certain green-eyed lady I know...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, everybody!

1. & 2. UP signal 85.9 on the KP west of Rossville, KS with the Mr. Sol teasing me, then slithering out of sight.
(2 disappointing photos taken February 10, 2013)

Thanks for looking!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/19 11:59 by santafe199.

Date: 02/14/13 05:59
Re: Signal (shot last) Sunday: Mr. Cloud gets a last la
Author: PRose

Like #1 my Friend. Very nice.

Bob
PRose

Date: 02/14/13 08:45
Author: GP30Frank

I'd call those shots "kinda spooky", because they look like an explosion or volcano eruption.

Date: 02/14/13 12:53
Author: a737flyer

Very dramatic...great shots.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0499 seconds