Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > From High Above

Date: 03/04/13 16:38
From High Above
Author: nwkrailfan

With an abundance of free time after my days at school now, I have been trying to make the most of it. Today I happened upon a three train conundrum/meet at the Hays siding west of town. With an eastbound and a westbound manifest and a loaded coal train in the whole mix, it was a hot time at Hays, this post will come later on. After capturing all three trains at the siding, I decided to mosey on back towards Ellis, and frame the westbound train a couple more times. I turned south at Yocemento Avenue and headed up into the hills located south of the tracks, I was able to find a path up onto a bluff overlooking the elevator at Yocemento. Also in the photo is a piece of the abandoned concrete play that used to occupy a portion of the land here, it later was a car dealership, and now I believe maybe a residence or storage. Also, the railroad tracks used to skirt the bottom of the bluffs, rather then taking the straight route they do now, along a large fill. It's safe to say I will be back up here when the sun is out!

1) UP 7501 leads a MSIDV-04 across Yocemento Ave. as it continues its westward journey.

Thanks for looking!
nwkrailfan

Date: 03/04/13 17:39
Re: From High Above
Author: ns1000

GREAT pic!!!!

Date: 03/04/13 21:32
Author: trainupaboy

Nice Luke!!!

Date: 03/05/13 05:51
Author: oklachaser

Awesome pic!!!
Ronda Thomas

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0448 seconds