Home Open Account Help 219 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Harbor Sub Question

Date: 03/04/13 17:45
BNSF Harbor Sub Question
Author: sp89

We heard from a Wilmington city official that the line between Watson and Alameda, parallel to McFarland and Eubanks is going to be removed...I am very skeptical of this claim, maybe it's in the works if BNSF builds the new yard near ICTF, somehow I doubt that. Anyone heard if there's any truth to this?

Much appreciated,

Dave (sp89)

Date: 03/04/13 18:56
Re: BNSF Harbor Sub Question
Author: erielackawanna

I have ZERO info - but PHL uses that line for manifest interchange. Seems crazy to get rid of it.

Date: 03/04/13 19:10
Author: CimaScrambler

Do you mean the track with the street running section in McFarland?

Well, a while back, the track from Watson to West Thenard had a switch and connection added to the old SP line that runs parallel to Alameda through there. It appears that route avoids entering the Alameda Corridor rails, though someone better in the know than me might confirm or correct that. With that new connection, it would be possible to get from Watson to Pier A through the west leg of Wilmington Wye. That route duplicates the street running track south out of Watson down McFarland.

Lifting the rails south of Watson Yard would make it a stub-end operation.

- Kit

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

Date: 03/05/13 09:07
Author: 3rdswitch

Kit, is correct. With the new southwest quadrant connection at W. Thenard there is no need for the street running and removing it would do nothing to hamper Watson yard or Harbor Sub operations.
JB

Date: 03/06/13 00:20
Author: CimaScrambler

That means scenes such as this one would be history - though this image is definitely of history now, what with it having JB in the cab.

- k

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0416 seconds