Home Open Account Help 198 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP ops on BNSF between Avondale and L. Charles?

Date: 03/28/13 09:13
UP ops on BNSF between Avondale and L. Charles?
Author: mexrail

A thread below on 3/27 about UP-CSXT changing interchange location on a LA-Atlanta intermodal from NOLA to Mphs got me wondering. Just how many trains does UP now operate on the ex-SP Avondale-Lafayette-Lake Charles route now owned by BNSF. I am assuming(yes I know) most all of the manifest traffic goes via the Livonia class yard and maybe some intermodal uses the ex-MP line as well. I can see an Avondale-Lake Charles manifest for intermediate traffic(Louisiana and Delta for the most part) but beyond that I would think UP would like to avoid paying trackage rights fees to BNSF in addition to being able to classify business at Livonia from/to NS and CSX.

Anyone in the know want to share this info? Thanks.

Mexrail

Date: 03/28/13 10:06
Re: UP ops on BNSF between Avondale and L. Charles?
Author: kalthoff

I was in that neck of the woods this past December and from what I observed the UP/CSX Intermodals (1-WB&1-EB) used the BNSF via Lafayette.I also saw a W/B manifest with NS power which judging from the consist was a UP/NS runthru to Houston.This train was seen just west of Lafayette.

Date: 03/29/13 08:42
Re: UP ops on BNSF between Avondale and L. Charles?
Author: mexrail

kalthoff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was in that neck of the woods this past December
> and from what I observed the UP/CSX Intermodals
> (1-WB&1-EB) used the BNSF via Lafayette.I also saw
> a W/B manifest with NS power which judging from
> the consist was a UP/NS runthru to Houston.This
> train was seen just west of Lafayette.

On today's Heritage report

"SP319 SP C44AC Last seen at Berwick, LA on 3/28 at 2330C. On the MNSEW-28. Heading to Englewood, TX. Unit is on the point."

You undoubtedly saw the MNSEW.

Mexrail

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds