Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Toto's peaches & pecans odyssey

Date: 04/13/13 09:34
Toto's peaches & pecans odyssey
Author: santafe199

Greetings from Fulton County, GA! KJ & I have been on the go since 0830. We've been rolling up US hwy 41 (of Allman Bros fame?) since yesterday morning. I shot an interesting NS manifest just north of Tifton, GA, and took in the beautiful countryside leading to Macon where we spent the night. No trains so far today but I shot a grain elevator at Orchard Hill, the very first grain elevator built in Georgia. The scenery and has a stunning beauty, but even more striking is the unfailing cleanliness everywhere. Litter seems to be nonexistent. Outstanding!

More later, I just dropped my cell phone grabbing a shot of Turner Field....

Toto, the wayward flatlander ;^)

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/13 09:39 by santafe199.

Date: 04/14/13 18:39
Re: Toto's peaches & pecans odyssey
Author: garr

Did you make a stop in Dalton? I know the weather wasn't the greatest today in Georgia, however the NS and CSX trains are quite frequent at the Diamond in downtown Dalton.

Jay

Date: 04/14/13 19:09
Author: Milw_E70

Take your time coming back, all the good stuff has been rolling through since you left... ;-)

Date: 04/14/13 23:21
Author: santafe199

garr Wrote:

> Did you make a stop in Dalton?

No sir. Dalton looked pretty interesting in the DeLorme, but there was a certain urgency to go find an antique store, if you know what I mean...

Posted from Android

Date: 04/15/13 15:52
Author: garr

You could have enticed her with the great smoked(actually very moist rotisserie) chicken and veggies at the Oakwood Cafe. Only a block away from all the action.

Enjoy the rest of your trip. And have a safe one.

Jay

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0329 seconds