Home Open Account Help 215 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Ottumwa Sub Open?

Date: 04/18/13 03:50
BNSF Ottumwa Sub Open?
Author: MILW86A

We have had a lot of rain in Iowa the last 24 hours and with that, the BNSF Ottumwa Sub main can be prone to floods? Some highways near the line are closed due to flooding. Havent heard if the line is closed or not. I see on the news US 34 is closed between Lucas and Woodburn.

MILW86A

Date: 04/18/13 10:41
Re: BNSF Ottumwa Sub Open?
Author: Agent

The Sub is open around Ottumwa ... sorta. There are a lot of trains that need crews. I heard the dispatcher a couple hours ago say there were six trains tied down between MP 255 and the IC&E crossing (MP 280). There's also Maintenance of Way Foreman Oliver with a gang that has permission to work on about a ten mile stretch of Main 2 east of Ottumwa. They weren't given definite amount for how long they could be out there, but that it would definitely be "a while."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/14 12:07 by Agent.

Date: 04/18/13 13:10
Author: Q-GP30

K-line shutting down due to rising Mississippi.

Date: 04/19/13 03:59
Author: MILW86A

I see according to one the local yahoo groups #6 was way late last night and #5 apparently made it thru. Several trains though still tied down and even west of Creston as well.

MILW86A

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds