Home Open Account Help 269 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Hi Line Locals

Date: 04/24/13 07:00
BNSF Hi Line Locals
Author: sums007

Montana's a big state! Are there any locals based out of --let's say -- Whitefish, Shelby, or Havre that work the line, or do roadjobs do local work along the way? I'm having a hard time imagining enough work for dedicated locals in those wide-open spaces!

Date: 04/24/13 07:49
Re: BNSF Hi Line Locals
Author: SCAX3401

sums007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Montana's a big state! Are there any locals based
> out of --let's say -- Whitefish, Shelby, or Havre
> that work the line, or do roadjobs do local work
> along the way? I'm having a hard time imagining
> enough work for dedicated locals in those
> wide-open spaces!

Back in the mid-1990's during the final Burlington Northern era, there was a Whitefish-Shelby-Laurel "interdivisional" Local that handled all local work between Whitefish and Shelby. It was Train #603 westbound and Train #602 eastbound. Wasn't uncommon to see these trains at Essex picking up or dropping cars (usually ballast hoppers). It was a Daily assignment, but I don't know if it had an assigned crew that worked out one day and back the next to if it was simply crewed off the regular rotation board.

Date: 04/24/13 11:19
Re: BNSF Hi Line Locals
Author: jpf94

I do know there is one local for sure, the LMON-8142. Currently handling my traffic to Wolf Point and Culbertson MT. Not sure where it runs to and from, but it picks up my traffic from H-MINPAS at Glasgow MT for placement.

FWIW

Joe

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds