Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Standard Cabs To The Rescue!

Date: 05/21/13 06:06
Standard Cabs To The Rescue!
Author: CNW8531

It seems like the CP is using more and more of their GE's on this line, that up to now seen standard cab units for everyday power. I'm always looking for the unusual and different stuff to shoot and not so much the common everyday wide cabs you get most anywhere. To each his own right? I just prefer the older standard cab units when I can get them. And recently, there has been an influx of newer GE's on this line that once before was an SD40-2 strong hold. Are the times a changing as Bob Dylan would say? Don't know. But I was sure relieved to get these standard cab consist yesterday and thankful their still here and running. By the way, the two morning trains I got earlier did both have GE's for power, it's these two late afternoon grain extras that carried the day for me! Photo's taken yesterday, 5-20-13.

1st The BNSF Galesburg to Clinton run is heading north near M.P. 171 north of Princeton, Iowa.

2nd Southbound grain train #360 is taking the siding at Camanche with units 6212-6433-6400.

3rd Grain empty #361 (6450-6431-6446) is just outside of Le Claire heading north for a meet at Camanche with his counterpart section already tucked away in the siding. Keep them standard cabs coming!

Date: 05/21/13 06:32
Re: Standard Cabs To The Rescue!
Author: inCHI

Last shot is perfect.

Date: 05/21/13 07:56
Author: ntharalson

And all blue consists too!! Good job, Angus!

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 05/21/13 17:12
Author: ns1000

inRVA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Last shot is perfect.

AGREED....!!!!!

Date: 05/21/13 18:47
Author: MILW86A

Excellent work my dear sir

Date: 05/22/13 07:51
Author: SP8595

Hope that you keep scoping out these standard cabs and sharing your "kills" with us, because these are GREAT:)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0406 seconds