Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Just After Sundown

Date: 06/23/13 19:35
Just After Sundown
Author: nwkrailfan

Every Monday and Wednesday the 88 local or Hays local runs from Salina, Kansas west to Hays on the Union Pacific KP Line. Last Wednesday I went out in search of the local...unfortunately, all my looking turned up nothing! I began to wonder if the train was running extremely late due to the on going tie project between Salina and Ellsworth or had traveled over to Ellis to drop off their cut of cars for Oakley. I stopped in downtown Hays and snapped a photo of the setting sun and started heading towards home. Right as I crested the hill on the east side of Hays I noticed a headlight heading my way...I was in business! I raced back into Hays and was able to capture the train clearing the mainline and tying down for the day...

1) The sun slowly sinks towards the horizon as the rails of the Union Pacific Sharon Springs Subdivision shine in the last light of the day.
2) Rolling west after stopping to take the crews grips into the yard office/depot in Hays, engineer D.W.N. moves the train west to clear the mainline and Vine Street/US 183 crossing.
3) Turning the other way the setting sun casts some color on the clouds as the train rolls towards its resting place for the night.

Thanks for looking!
nwkrailfan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/13 19:36 by nwkrailfan.

Date: 06/23/13 19:43
Re: Just After Sundown
Author: BNSF-6432

Nice images! Love all of then but number one takes the cake

Date: 06/23/13 20:09
Author: oklachaser

Great shots!! Can't decided which is my favorite #1 or 3 so let's call it a tie.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 06/24/13 06:22
Author: twjurgens

Like these shots!

Date: 06/27/13 16:19
Author: ns1000

I LIKE Pic 1!!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0627 seconds