Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Recent Redding area

Date: 06/25/13 21:16
Recent Redding area
Author: Alien

here are a few photos from the Redding,CA area. It poured rain here June 25th,2013, and I love it vs 110 degree heat...I have still been shut out on the SD59MX's, I have never seen these loco's move yet!!Over the next couple weeks I have more vacation and I will be moving out to nail something on the Redding Trestle ( Video and prints) the Sacramento River route and on up to Dunsmuir, Mt Shasta, Hotlum Trestle, Grass Lake and Dorris to K-Falls for pictures and Videos....stay tuned!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/13 21:31 by Alien.

Date: 06/25/13 21:53
Re: Recent Redding area
Author: coach

OK, that funky unit in the 2nd photo--it needs a nickname--I suggest "Camelback", like those water bags you wear on your back. Looks the same to me.

Date: 06/25/13 22:00
Author: Western_Star

Those units are spotless everytime I see a photo of em. My vehicles get dirtier just sitting in my driveway..

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/25/13 23:25
Author: RyanWilkerson

Where is that first shot taken?

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 06/26/13 07:14

LOL..............!!!!! I agree,,,,,or Hunchback..!

Date: 06/26/13 07:15

very funny,,,and they are always clean.....sitting wide out in the open, I am surprise no Grafitti from the Redding homeless clientele.

Date: 06/26/13 07:19

Ryan, the Tunnel is in the O'Brien area north of the Pit River Bridge...take I-5 north, and exit..should be the Shasta Caverns
exit but L under the freeway, look right for the 1st dirt road, it is not posted, and the area below is a wide turn out..by the tracks. I will be getting video here friday AM as I am off, I'm going to be waiting for 5:45 am northbound 9 well. it runs thru Redding at 5:45 am so I know it's usually a daily..and I can be set up. In the correct placement away from the track here, one can see 2 tunnels from this point,,but I like staying back 70+

Date: 06/26/13 09:09
Author: 5524

coach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK, that funky unit in the 2nd photo--it needs a
> nickname--I suggest "Camelback", like those water
> bags you wear on your back. Looks the same to me.

How about Igor? (from Young Frankenstein)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0488 seconds