Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Stockton ca dead line

Date: 07/21/13 12:05
Stockton ca dead line
Author: Doodle

I was cruising through the UP Stockton yard today and noticed about 20 old SD60's and C30's all coupled together across from the car department. I also noticed the yard tower was boarded up. No switchers were working as well.

A few ?'s

1. What are UP's plan with the old sd60's and c30's?

2. When was the tower boarded up?

3. Does anything originate/terminate in Stockton any longer?

4. There was also an empty coal train sitting in the yard. Is that the train that goes to the port of Stockton? If so, what mine is it form?

Thx y'all!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/21/13 12:42
Re: Stockton ca dead line
Author: MP555

Doodle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was cruising through the UP Stockton yard today
> and noticed about 20 old SD60's and C30's

C30s or C40s?

Date: 07/21/13 14:23
Author: wpdude

Don't quote this as gospel, but I believe there are still 2-3 Locals and a couple yard jobs working at Stockton. A while back there was a plan to eliminate yardmasters, and have the Fresno yardmaster oversee ops from Fresno via radio/phone/computer/fax/cameras, etc. Also, trains to the port, and interchange with BNSF.

Date: 07/21/13 14:25
Author: ble692

Doodle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1. What are UP's plan with the old sd60's and
> c30's?

That would be SD60Ms, C40-8's, and some SD40-2s. They are stored and have been for years now. The 40s will eventually become part of the SD40N program. Who knows on the rest. I doubt we will see the C40-8s return to service, at least with the UP.

> 2. When was the tower boarded up?

Don't have a exact date, but it has been probably close to 5 years now. The duties were given to the Fresno yardmaster.

> 3. Does anything originate/terminate in Stockton
> any longer?

No regular mainline trains anymore, except for those to/from the port and periodic grain/coal trains heading to some local industries. There are multiple locals in and out of the yard still, along with multiple yard jobs.

> 4. There was also an empty coal train sitting in
> the yard. Is that the train that goes to the port
> of Stockton? If so, what mine is it form?

It is for the port. The coal is coming from Savage, UT.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds