Home Open Account Help 223 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Hint,,Monday is best day to chase A&M..North End

Date: 08/19/13 20:36
Hint,,Monday is best day to chase A&M..North End
Author: Sneebly

Folks,

Sorry for not posting pictures yet, They will be posted in the next couple of days (too tired to deal with now) But a friend of mine found a way to read AEI lists and he discovered that the heaviest day for Southbound traffic is on Mondays, so we left KC this morning at 0530 and got to Exeter MO around 845 and waited an hour for 4 C420s and 10 cars heading Northbound towards Monett. When they get to Monett they have to switch out their cars and build there Southbound and into the sun train. That often takes 2 to 3 hours as BNSF does not preblock the cars for the A&M.

Well with AEI lists Monday is the heaviest business day and todays train SB was 4 C420's and 57 cars. One caveat for the AEI lists is that they display the lead unit number for any train past the reader. Well om 2 or 3 times a week there will be a BNSF grain train that runs to a large facility for unloading grain near Butterfield MO. The BNSF power is used for this unit grain train with A&M cres. My tour guide has seen as many as 6 units and like 80 cars on this run.

Sneebly

Date: 08/20/13 15:46
Re: Hint,,Monday is best day to chase A&M..North End
Author: BobE

I've been to the A&M on a Monday when they didn't run a Monett Turn.

BobE

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds