Home Open Account Help 243 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CP Rosemount Patrol

Date: 09/13/13 11:17
CP Rosemount Patrol
Author: alco636

While enjoying a perfect late summer day, I heard a horn as I approached the UP at Rich Valley Road. I couldn't beat the UP train to the crossing. However after a short break, the CP Rosemount Patrol showed up. Very happy to see a former Milwaukee Road SD40-2 in the lead. DME 6364. Great day to bike the 70+ miles from the Twin Cities, to Red Wing, MN. Sorry big oil, no expensive fossil fuel purchases from me today!

Al Seever
Phoenix, AZ

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/13 11:21 by alco636.

Date: 09/13/13 11:29
Re: CP Rosemount Patrol
Author: espee4ever

Well done!

— espee4ever

Date: 09/13/13 13:06
Author: davebb71

great bike ride. interesting grade crossing. when the google street view truck went down that road in july, 2012 tbere where only cross-bucks and lights, no cross arms and it looked like the pavement had just been redone. today the crossing arms are present.

minneapolis to red wing and return is 70++++ miles or did someone chopper you home???

dave, out.

Date: 09/13/13 14:47
Author: alco636

Thanks guys! Just Red Wing today. Onward elsewhere on the bike tomorrow. Days off are fun!

The crossing is interesting. I heard the first train maybe 1/2 mile before this crossing. I've never been there before. I knew by my bike map the UP (CRI&P on the map) crossed the highway somehow. Darn good luck, on a darn good day. Bike and I did just over 75 miles today.

Al Seever
Phoenix, AZ

Date: 09/13/13 17:47
Author: DynamicBrake

Al, that is one really cool shot, thanks for sharing.

Kent in Carmel Valley

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0392 seconds