Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Called the CP, and 911 here in Red Wing.

Date: 09/13/13 16:23
Called the CP, and 911 here in Red Wing.
Author: alco636

Called 911 & the CP police on a professional photographer and a family of four here in Red Wing. Scary situation with them trespassing on a very busy track. A EB roared through at track speed just after I called the CP. The family ran across the tracks in time. Scary stuff! A police officer talked with them.

Al Seever
Phoenix, AZ

Date: 09/13/13 16:39
Re: Called the CP, and 911 here in Red Wing.
Author: BNModeler

Good job!

Date: 09/13/13 16:42

I'm glad they're safe. But I so wish that photographer would have been busted! I bet he's done this before. This family had two small children with 'em. Shooting photos around and on a busy mainline, with a small ladder, on an S curve. Grrr!

Al Seever
Phoenix, AZ

Date: 09/13/13 17:07
Author: imrl

Good for you! I recently saw my nephew's senior pictures and a few are staged on railroad tracks. After trying to talk to the photographer and her blowing me off, I turned her in to the railroad police. Now, my bother and his wife are furious at me but they just don't understand the dangers. They just don't look at it from my point of view as a locomotive engineer for Union Pacific. There isn't a single day that goes by that I don't have a near incident with a trespasser or someone driving around the gates. I take this stuff very seriously.

Date: 09/13/13 17:28

If I didn't call the CP or 911 I'd feel guilty. If one or more got hurt or killed, I don't know how I'd deal with that. That mom ran across two tracks. If she would have fallen... Couldn't watch anymore trains. Went back to the hotel.

Al Seever
Phoenix, AZ

Date: 09/14/13 19:15
Author: P

Well, geez. The tattletales are out in full force.

Date: 09/14/13 19:23
Author: darkcloud

alco636 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Called 911

Ridiculous

Date: 09/14/13 22:27

People trespassing with children? That's ok? Shooting photos on a busy mainline is ok??

darkcloud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> alco636 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Called 911
>
>
> Ridiculous

Al Seever
Phoenix, AZ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/15 12:49 by alco636.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0561 seconds