Home Open Account Help 145 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Meets Monday

Date: 09/16/13 17:57
Meets Monday
Author: nikon1

This evening was a little fortuitous for me. As I was leaving work I noticed head and ditch lights to the south heading east. So I turned in my usual direction towards 57th St to catch the eastbound. As I pass the Pauline Coop elevator, I notice the Station to Station train sitting in the siding. So, I do a uee and head south and pull on the shoulder to get the special. I hear the horn of the eastbound sounding for University Blvd. I figure what the hey, I'll stay and get a meets Monday.
Charlie
MP 53 on the BNSF Topeka Sub

1) Station to Station in the siding at MP 59 Pauline KS on the BNSF Topeka Sub
2)BNSF 7451 meets the Station to Station at MP 59 on the BNSF Topeka Sub

Date: 09/16/13 18:24
Re: Meets Monday
Author: SD45X

Did you get the O as well?

Date: 09/16/13 18:27
Author: santafe199

WOW, Charlie, NICE catch! In 37 years behind a camera & several dozens of treks to or through Topeka I've never seen 2 trains meet at Pauline...

Lance

Date: 09/16/13 19:52

santafe199 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WOW, Charlie, NICE catch! In 37 years behind a
> camera & several dozens of treks to or through
> Topeka I've never seen 2 trains meet at
> Pauline...
>
> Lance

Thanks Sir L. I've managed to see and photograph trains in the siding in Pauline but, they were either the LMKCKEMP or a MOW train tied up in the siding. I've only managed to catch one manned train in the siding and that being a track geometry train testing the rail. I was lucky to catch this one. So, my day was made.
Charlie
MP 53 on the BNSF Topeka

Date: 09/16/13 20:00

SD45X Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you get the O as well?

Unfortunately, I missed the O train by about 15 Minutes.
Charlie
MP 53 on the BNSF Topeka Sub

Date: 09/16/13 20:48
Author: bnsfsd70

Nice shots, man. I'm with Lance, though, in mentioning how rare it is to see the meet there at Pauline. However, given the bi-directional running today, they were staging all kinds of meets on the Topeka Sub. In addition to the Art and O trains, the KCKEMP was running quite early, and came west into town right after the Art train with a nice "early BNSF" consist of four Goatboats and a pair of warbonnet 700's.

Talk about a crazy day on the Topeka Sub! Check out my shots of the trains here:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,3185209

- Jeff

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0439 seconds