Home Open Account Help 202 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > "The Judges also Like" (photo contest).

Date: 09/25/13 01:50
"The Judges also Like" (photo contest).
Author: waycar_rider

I entered five images, 2013 Gruber Awards Program-Creative Images/Center for Railroad Photography & Art. The winners have been announced. There was a First, Second, Third as well "Judges Also Like". You could do anything in Photoshop that you wanted. They wanted creative photos. There were 86 different photographers that entered images. The total number images entered was 396. I had one image that was selected for "Judges Also Like". These images will be printed and displayed at the California Railroad Museum. They will be in an upcoming issue of Railroad & Railfan magazine.

1. "Snake Train". This was an eastbound coal empty going through Keenesburg, CO. I took the image on June 22nd. I knew that I would do something with this image. But, I did not know what until I started playing around on CS5. I made the train into a snake. This image was in the "Judges Also Like".

You can view all images at the following link: www.railphoto-art.org/awards/2013-awards.

Gary A. Rich
Aurora, CO

Date: 09/25/13 01:53
Re: "The Judges also Like" (photo contest).

2. A BNSF coal load passing a manifest train tied down in the siding at Tonville, CO. I reworked this image in CS5.

3. A BNSF manifest train leaving the siding at Kennesburg, CO

Both images were reworked in CS5.

Gary A. Rich
Aurora, CO

Date: 09/25/13 01:57

4. BNSF manifest train sitting in the siding at Keenesburg, CO. This image was not reworked in CS5. I did it in the camera. It was a very warm day with the temperature about 95 degrees. I knew if I used the 300mm that I would get the heat waves.

5. A southbound manifest train north of Dalton, NE. I reworked this image in CS5. I took the train and used diamond shapes on the whole train.

I really tried using my imagination of these images.

Gary A. Rich
Aurora, CO

Date: 09/25/13 04:21
Author: BNModeler

Twisted!

Date: 09/25/13 06:27
Author: chester

Am glad I am sober. That would mess up a drunk.

Date: 09/25/13 07:19
Author: tomstp

Hell, for a minute I thought I was drunk.

Date: 09/25/13 07:59
Author: africansteam

Nice Work. Congratulations!

Cheers,
Jack

Date: 09/25/13 08:39
Author: trainman630

Hell of a sun kink in the first shot.....

Date: 09/25/13 16:08
Author: ns1000

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hell, for a minute I thought I was drunk.

AGREED....!!!!

Date: 09/25/13 18:25
Author: traingeek087

The cars in the first shot are "Rapid Discharge System" cars, they have a door running lengthwise rather than several width wise. When these trains were new we use to see several on the Ravenna Sub out here in Eastern Nebraska, but I haven't seen them in some time now. I have seen some on the UP though.

Traingeek087

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0628 seconds