Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tuesday's Grandson Time

Date: 09/25/13 07:19
Tuesday's Grandson Time
Author: ATSF5669

The kids wanted a date yesterday evening, and asked if we would watch our grandson. No problem there! After supper we went for an evening drive by the BNSF's Cherokee Yard for some quality train time. That was followed up with a stop for ice cream, then home for to meet dad and mom. He is already totally hooked on Thomas, and doesn't know that Christmas will be marked by my getting out the MTH train now that he is old enough, plus the big Thomas table we found on Craigslist for his present. I think we are making pretty good progress in getting Jase indoctrinated to railroading and railfanning. Dusk at a rail yard has always been a magical time of the day for me. When I was a conductor for the Santa Fe on the Joint Line, I recall many evenings in Pueblo waiting for our northbound train, and standing in front of the yard office enjoying the atmosphere.

Pic 1: Looking west from the 23rd Street overpass. I'm sure glad those stupid fences haven't been installed here.
Pic 2: A different shot from the same place
Pic 3: One excited grandson!

Date: 09/25/13 07:23
Re: Tuesday's Grandson Time
Author: 3rdswitch

Great shot and ain't grandkids great. Sometimes the best part is they are fully returnable, no questions asked!
JB

Date: 09/25/13 07:45
Author: doesyourdogbite

Good stuff. I really like the 1st shot. All the lights are shining toward the viewer with the exception of the ATV which is pointing light away from the viewer.

Date: 09/25/13 09:51
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Awwww....how sweet!! Those are magical
moments you and he will remember for a
long, long time. Such a precious little guy!

Nice photos of the yard -- I like the first best.

Date: 09/25/13 12:07
Author: GP30Frank

ATSF5669 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pic 1: Looking west from the 23rd Street overpass.
> I'm sure glad those stupid fences haven't been
> installed here.

I keep reading that Tulsa is getting busier all the time. I imagine that is just of matter of short time before a fence is put up.

Date: 09/25/13 21:01
Author: SD40-2

Good job, man. Gotta line up the next generation of railfans/railroaders.

Here's my daughter taking in a blade train at Henefer, UT.

Ellie is always up for a railfan trip, including camping next to the tracks...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.047 seconds