Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP, frac sand, Dublin Sub

Date: 09/26/13 17:13
UP, frac sand, Dublin Sub
Author: tomstp

Somewhat of a surprise at 6:45 PM today--4 UP Ge's heading south on Ft Worth & Western at a pittiful 3-4 mph with a frac sand unit train full of AOKX hoppers.

Is this headed for Cresson and Cleburne or some where else? I thought BNSF was the one that had the run through frac sand unit train for FW&WR.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/13 19:54 by tomstp.

Date: 09/26/13 18:35
Re: UP, franc sand, Dublin Sub
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Frac. . . . . no 'k' or 'q' in the word please. :)

Date: 09/26/13 19:18
Author: BN_FAN

or 'n'!

dcfbalcoS1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Frac. . . . . no 'k' or 'q' in the word please.
> :)

Date: 09/27/13 07:25
Author: tomstp

Sometimes when you get old, I'm 73, your fingers do something other than what your thought your brain told them to do. I know how to spell frac. I should have looked at my posting before posting it. But, I don't think the world will come to an end because of it.

Date: 09/27/13 07:33
Re: UP, frac sand, Dublin Sub
Author: fwwr5007

While BNSF does get the main frac sand business into Cleburne, I believe there are trains off the UP now running through to a new loadout near Waples (between Cresson and Granbury). A while back even one of the NS Heritage units showed up on one such train, if I'm not mistaken.

Business is good on the FWWR, at least on the north end of the Dublin Sub!

Date: 09/27/13 15:02
Re: UP, frac sand, Dublin Sub
Author: tx_trainman43

fwwr5007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> While BNSF does get the main frac sand business
> into Cleburne, I believe there are trains off the
> UP now running through to a new loadout near
> Waples (between Cresson and Granbury). A while
> back even one of the NS Heritage units showed up
> on one such train, if I'm not mistaken.
>
> Business is good on the FWWR, at least on the
> north end of the Dublin Sub!

Regarding the trains you mentioned between Cresson and Waples.....Your getting Frac sand mixed up with crude oil. There is a small oil loadout between Cresson and waples that sometimes has UP power. Some of the frac sand is moving west (thru Dublin) but I dont think this business has taken off like was anticipated. FWWR spent ALOT of money rebuilding the Dublin yard and other than a small portion of the sand business heading west, I dont see anything else in the works.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0403 seconds