Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF TCU-OU Football Special on the Move

Date: 10/03/13 17:25
BNSF TCU-OU Football Special on the Move
Author: bnsfsd70

So I left my camera at home today...

On the other hand, I still decided to run out on the Topeka Sub after work today to shoot the outbound O-TOPSAG 03 in the tiny little town of Scranton, KS, MP71. Three cheers to the iPhone for its video!

See here for more on the train:
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,3199139

- Jeff Carlson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/13 17:46 by bnsfsd70.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/04/13 11:38
Re: BNSF TCU-OU Football Special on the Move
Author: spdaylight

Nice quality for an iphone . . . especially with a fast moving train . . . is that a new Apple model . . . the video gets better and better with each new upgrade . . . and I know this has been discussed numerous times on this board . . . but when it BNSF gonna make a business train look like a real business consist? What a mish mash . . . . especially those old commuter bi-levels . . .

Craig
http://mcmrailvideos.com/

Date: 10/04/13 19:54
Re: BNSF TCU-OU Football Special on the Move
Author: bnsfsd70

spdaylight Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice quality for an iphone . . . especially with
> a fast moving train . . . is that a new Apple
> model . . . the video gets better and better with
> each new upgrade . . .

Well, this was from my iPhone 4s sitting on, but not mounted to my tripod. For trains running at track speed, I'm not too fond of the still photos it takes, though the video is pretty good. Certainly no replacement for professional video equipment, but its does the trick when my camera's 30 miles away.

> and I know this has been
> discussed numerous times on this board . . . but
> when it BNSF gonna make a business train look like
> a real business consist? What a mish mash . . . .
> especially those old commuter bi-levels . . .

As I posted on my previous thread regarding this train:

"That's pretty much my thought on them as well. However, like most railroads, they seem to have two separate fleets of cars. There are the "public" and "private" cars, with many of these falling into the former category. However, on the inside, all of these cars are quite nice, and while riding in the cars, I doubt that too many people are concerned with the outward aesthetics.

Regardless, its something other than a coal or stack train, so I'm happy to shoot them."

What I'll routinely gripe about is the power though. EVERY other Class 1, and plenty of others have dedicated passenger power, and BNSF has GE's. Ugh.

Thanks for looking,
Jeff Carlson

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0482 seconds