Home Open Account Help 343 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tank Car Tues...

Date: 10/09/13 10:16
Tank Car Tues...
Author: the_expediter

LPG UTLX on a westbound at Cajon Pass...Steve

Date: 10/09/13 10:17
Re: Tank Car Tues...

Another angle...

Date: 10/09/13 10:19

A Kennecott Copper Tank...Used to see alot of these at Smelter, Utah in 1977-8...this was a grab shot...note my "Grandpa Brown" 2000 Camry...made on Saki Monday! (engine gasket leaks, 3 sensors replaced, fuel door broken, only 85K)...my 99 Ford Explorer has 165K and doesn't leak!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/13 23:02 by the_expediter.

Date: 10/09/13 10:20

Last one for now...Steve

Date: 10/09/13 13:14
Author: Hookdragkick

I remember as a newly marked-up switchman, being yelled at by an oldhead engineer to stay the @!#$ off blue tank cars. The joys of being a greenhorn.

Posted from Android

Date: 10/09/13 13:16
Author: CShaveRR

I'd love to hear his explanation/hypothesis/whatever for that!

And just how long ago are we talking?

Carl Shaver
Lombard, IL

Date: 10/09/13 16:21
Author: 3rdswitch

Blue tank cars are all over the place carrying all types of liquids. IMHO the engineer in question was full of ???? The ones to stay away from are white with orange painted middle portion. On our BNSF Harbor Sub in Torrance, CA, the through freights were "supposed" to set these cars out at El Segundo and not bring them through Torrance although occasionally crews failed to either get or read or head the message and some made it to Watson yard. Now that the Harbor Sub is no longer a through route due to the opening of the Alameda Corridor IF one of these poisonous cars for El Segundo show up they would have to pass through Torrance. I think however that this traffic no longer exists.
JB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0439 seconds