Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Sunset at Mesa Siding, CO

Date: 11/21/13 06:06
Sunset at Mesa Siding, CO
Author: cozephyr

Snowing and bitter cold (only 15 degrees Fahrenheit) along the Colorado Front Range November 21, 2013. Warm weather had blessed Colorado in November 2013. Sunset November 14, 2013 found an eastbound coal load holding the main at Mesa Siding east of Denver, Colorado. In the distance was the Limon Turn heading back to 36th Street Yard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/13 11:10 by cozephyr.

Date: 11/21/13 06:35
Re: Sunset at Mesa Siding, CO
Author: GeneL

Okay, so I understand the nearest train (coal loads eastbound) will be moving away from the mountains to the west. What's not clear to me is why the distant train (Limon turn) is also going east if its destination yard is to the west? Or is that the headlight on a dpu? Oh, by the way cz, its one hell of a nice pic!

Date: 11/21/13 06:40
Author: robj

Great scene and execution, very nice.

Bob Jordan

Date: 11/21/13 06:56
Author: 3rdswitch

Great shot C. Looks like the Limon Turn is a lite engine with rear headlight on dim as required for marker.
JB

Date: 11/21/13 07:45
Author: GeneL

Oh yeah, a lite engine going west. Takes a rail (ex-rail) to pick up on that. Now I get it. Thanks, JB!

Date: 11/21/13 07:52
Author: dan

saw those engines mid morning switching at central pkwy

Date: 11/21/13 08:01
Author: unclebob

Beautiful shot!

Hopefully the nice weather allowed people to be outside and help getting things cleaned up from the flooding.

Mike

Date: 11/21/13 09:23
Author: cozephyr

Colorado September Flood clean-up has been helped by the relatively warm autumn weather in October into November 2013. All but one highway (Highway 7) has reopened. Estes Park, CO, and communities in the mountains are very thankful. Many private homes/properties still will take years to recover/rebuild.

Thanks for asking about my Colorado neighbors.

Date: 11/21/13 12:58
Author: Out_Of_Service

zooming the photo to the largest setting does indeed show a lite engine move ... looks like 2 units ... very nice image

Date: 11/21/13 16:26
Author: ns1000

VERY NICE....!!!!

Date: 11/21/13 21:38
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Such beautuful skies! VERY nice photo, sir!!

Date: 11/22/13 20:33
Author: highgreengraphics

Great evening mood shot, CZ - I have never done well with those, you da man! === === = === JLH

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0408 seconds