Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > New signals on UP's SI line north of Spokane

Date: 11/22/13 10:22
New signals on UP's SI line north of Spokane
Author: cpn456

I recently noticed some new signals installed on UP's SI line from Spokane to Eastport ID, a line that is dark territory. Through observation, my guess is that the UP is installing "CTC islands" at sidings, where the dispatcher controls the switches and signals at the siding switch, but the rest of the line is still dark territory. BNSF uses the same thing on the former NP Stampede Pass line.

Date: 11/22/13 10:47
Re: New signals on UP's SI line north of Spokane
Author: NWRailfan

Yes CTC islands are going in at Trentwood and each siding there after on the Spokane and Ayer subs. Marengo is suppose to be next from a report from rail fans in the Spokane area.

Posted from Android

Date: 11/22/13 16:38
Author: 70ACE

stray lights shining into the darkness...

Date: 11/24/13 21:42
Author: kalthoff

Any plans to lengthen those short sidings on the Spokane Sub as part of the CTC project?

Date: 11/25/13 14:08
Author: NWRailfan

Eventually Yes and on the Ayer sub as well to accommodate more trains and longer trains

Date: 11/26/13 08:54
Author: kalthoff

More trains due to increased potash? oil from ND and AB? grains from ND,MN,SAS? Also the CP from Eastport/Kingsgate to the mainline at Medicine Hat is Dark.I don't suppose there is any planned capacity enhancements there.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0246 seconds