Home Open Account Help 202 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Functioning Through The Flowers

Date: 12/20/13 23:05
Functioning Through The Flowers
Author: CP_M260

To go along with NS' "What's Your Function?" advertisement campaign, I thought I would share one of my pictures of Norfolk Southern "functioning", or you know, just running trains...

A single D9-40CW leads an auto rack train past the soybeans and purple flowers at 84th Street on a humid late spring morning.

Seen from the 84th Street grade crossing - Henrietta, MO - 6/14/13

Thanks for looking,
-Dalton

Date: 12/20/13 23:19
Re: Functioning Through The Flowers
Author: TexasFireman

Nice!! This picture would be perfect for a calendar!!

Date: 12/21/13 06:22
Author: ddg

Musk Thistles, declared a noxious week everywhere. Property owner is supposed to control infestations on their property so they don't contaminate the neighbors, or the county can step in and take care of it, billing the property owner. See a lot of those along the right of way ditches. Cattle can't eat them, and they have a tremendous root that robs moisture other plants need. The flower puffs out like a dandelion, and blows for miles. They can lay in the ground for years before they bolt. They can grow 4-6' tall.

Date: 12/21/13 08:20
Author: MacBeau

Wonderful image.
—Mac

Date: 12/21/13 16:10
Author: ns1000

VERY NICE...!!!!

Date: 12/21/13 17:46
Author: upkpfan

ddg is correct about the Musk Thistle. Report this field to the Co. Weed Dept. upkpfan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.039 seconds