Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Late for signal Sunday but.....

Date: 12/30/13 07:23
Late for signal Sunday but.....
Author: Southern3205

I've posted a few times on here before asking this and that about signal systems and such. This time a new question has come to mind about polar relays and the various types. Have any polar relays been developed that did not have a "neutral" portion incorporated in the design? If not, was there just some sort of simple relay (ie something like a DN-11) that was just used instead? Just some pondering as I'm interested in how they may have been set up, if they existed.

Jon

Date: 12/30/13 08:11
Re: Late for signal Sunday but.....
Author: up833

Not sure if its an answer, but I have a SP signal thats yellow in all positions. That is, what ever the polarity it remains fixed in one position.
Roger Beckett

Date: 12/30/13 08:18

Interesting, what kind? I'd assume H2 as those seem to be about the only types ever seen in any pics of the SP (other than indicators). I think I have seen some tri-lights, but have been unable to determine the type.

Date: 12/30/13 21:45
Author: coosbaytoday

Here are some pictures of the mech. form a H2 with only one indication, yellow.
Used on the SP.
Is this the type of signal you were asking about?
Todd Montgomery
Springfield OR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/13 22:06 by coosbaytoday.

Date: 12/31/13 03:57

That's interesting and is pretty much what I was thinking. I can't say I've seen a searchlight mech with the mech removed, though, for fixed aspect signal. I assume it was used a short distance away from a junction of some sort? I have figured out what I was looking for though. US&S did produce a polar relay that had minimal "neutral" contacts in conjunction with the polar portion of the relay. It's a DP-25, and I'm kinda kicking myself now, as there was one on ebay a short while back for a fairly decent price.

Jon

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds