Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > My tribute to an icon.

Date: 04/17/14 21:57
My tribute to an icon.
Author: Espeenut

...as was mentioned in a previous thread: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,3383094 a long favored icon, the cantilever signal stand at the wye in Vancouver Washington, is being phased out in favor of the newer style signals. I have made a habit of stopping and spending considerable time at this location through the years and its always been a favorite haunt for watching trains, not just by myself but many others that I know of, some of them right here on TO. So allow me to offer my tribute to this iconic scene by sharing the following shots that will now become only memories, enjoy...

cheers,

Lorne Miller

Date: 04/18/14 05:19
Re: My tribute to an icon.
Author: 3rdswitch

Awesome trio.
JB

Date: 04/18/14 08:59
Author: ntharalson

I would agree with JB's comment, although it would be nice to have
a shot of something besides all red.

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 04/18/14 17:36
Author: DTrainshooter

I've seen a shot looking north from 1987 that shows two other similar signals north of this one...another shot from 1988 and they're gone. Before my time there...does anyone have any older photos they can post? What I remember most about hanging out there is that there always seemed to be something moving...

Date: 04/18/14 18:08
Author: alco636

Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Al Seever
Phoenix, AZ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds