Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Minor service disuption on the MRL

Date: 04/22/14 23:52
Minor service disuption on the MRL
Author: steeplecab

I just went through East Helena and noted a pair of loaded grain cars in a westbound unit train were sitting isolated just east of Prickly Pear Creek. The trailing cars and DPU were backed off to clear crossings and the cars and power in front had been taken into the Helena Yard. It's an overcast showery night and light there is bad, but it was apparent that one bay of one of the cars was leaking grain badly onto the tracks, and it looked like the cars may be closer together than normal. I'm guessing the MRL is waiting for a vacuum truck or grain auger to unload the troubled car and clear the line. Just dumping the car might be quick, but the cleanup and associated problems could be extensive given our overpopulation by urban deer.

steeplecab
Helena

Date: 04/23/14 08:38
Re: Minor service disuption on the MRL
Author: monaddave

Errant wheel cut into the next car causing grain to fill up between the rails. Dodged the bullet on a bigger mess.
Dave in Missoula

Date: 04/23/14 12:44
Author: Kimball

"Errant wheel" What does that mean, please?

Date: 04/23/14 15:58
Author: monaddave

synonyms... traveling, wandering, itinerant, roaming, roving...

In other words, wobbly down the track. Just delivering how I got my info.
Dave in Msla

Date: 04/23/14 16:54
Author: steeplecab

> Errant wheel cut into the next car causing grain to fill up between
> the rails. Dodged the bullet on a bigger mess.

Yeah, I'd say so! That could have been a huge mess, and into a flowing water body to boot. Thanks for the information, Dave!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0455 seconds