Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Heritage Hopper

Date: 04/24/14 09:21
BNSF Heritage Hopper
Author: scotty

I enjoy reading the chatter and seeing the great photography on Trainorders but don't very often post. Here are some recent shots that I thought might be of interest.

Noticed a freshly repainted hopper at the BNSF Havelock car shops a week or so ago. I think this is the most recent of the BNSF "heritage hoppers". BNSF 487379 has been repainted for The Denver Road. The shots were taken April 15, 2014 at the northeast end of the shops in Havelock, NE.

Date: 04/24/14 09:29
Re: BNSF Heritage Hopper
Author: rrpreservation

That's the Fort Worth and Denver! That's pretty awesome. I hope they will replace the C&S hopper that took an end hit.

Date: 04/24/14 11:08
Author: gjc

Nice catch! Thanks for sharing.

George Cataulin
San Diego, CA
Left Coast Rail Videos

Date: 04/24/14 12:36
Author: MrMRL

Awesome! I've included this new number with the 18 others cataloged in a thread a couple days back.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,3387888

Mr. MRL

Date: 04/25/14 02:44
Author: Fizzboy7

That's kind of interesting. Did the FW&D not have the words "Fort Worth" in their own logo?

Date: 04/25/14 05:45
Author: rrpreservation

As far as I know "The Denver Road" is what the railroad went by for its logo. There were other railroads that used monikers such as the "Monon," but I think you are right in that it was unusual.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/14 05:56 by rrpreservation.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0375 seconds