Home Open Account Help 189 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > "Other stuff"

Date: 06/18/14 11:03
"Other stuff"
Author: RustyRayls

I'm sure that almost all of us have been out railfanning and got a little bored while we were waiting for the main objective of our trip (ie: trains). I know that, I for one, will start wandering around looking for something else to take up some pixels. OK, here are the parameters -
1. Picture must be taken on a trip where the primary purpose was photographing trains and railroad related content and was taken while killing time waiting for a train.
2. No railroad related content of any kind in the image.
3. Post up to three of your best/most interesting/off the wall humorous.

I'll start the ball rolling.

1. Chesterton Indiana, 2013. Waiting for things to get started on the NS Chicago - East Coast line in the morning. It had rained most of the night and the storm was starting to break up. There was a line of Colorado Blue Spruce along the ROW. The sun light was hitting the rain/dew drops just right.

2. Bellemont AZ, two weeks ago. We were waiting for a westbound heading into the late afternoon sun and the BNSF dispatcher was not being cooperative at all. I liked the way the light was working on this skunk cabbage and the red cinders.

3. On my way to Winterrail in 2009. Standing on top of tunnel #2 on Tehachapi Pass waiting for a train that was being held in a siding. I was looking to the west and when I turned around to look to the east this little guy was in a hover. I had the camera set on spot auto-focus. As soon as I centered the spot on him and mashed the trigger, he was gone out of sight.

Ok, someone else play. Let's see what you see when the trains aren't running enough to keep you busy.

Old Bob out in Lost Wages

Date: 06/18/14 11:30
Re: "Other stuff"
Author: Copy19

Bob: Nice shots. Hummingbirds are hard enough to get a glimpse of not to mention to photograph.

John Bromley

Date: 06/18/14 13:07
Author: SF1

Very good photos. While waiting for trains, you never know what you might see nearby. Great hummie shot. Thanks for posting.

Date: 06/18/14 14:25
Author: bearease

Well Bob, I'm reluctant to submit my "other" photos since they don't come even close to your expertise, but for the sake of the thread I'll add these three, shot in '06 at the Cajon pass.
As I remember, there was plenty of traffic that day, but I guess I had a moment or two to grab a few extras.

#1. Joshua
#2. Critter
#3. Breakin' in the new foamer-mobile!

--Barry

Date: 06/18/14 15:20
Author: ns1000

I REALLY like the pic of the hummingbird!!

Date: 06/19/14 17:54
Author: MacBeau

Nice hummingbird shot. And they are not easy to get either.
—Mac

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0552 seconds