Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > No Fossils here

Date: 07/19/14 14:37
No Fossils here
Author: ns2557

At least none that I can find at least. But UP 7522 heads east on the Pocatella Sub at Fossil Butte Wyoming early this morning. Trailing behind are UP 8606, UP 9792, HLCX 1814 and HLCX 1804. I guess the 2 HLCX units could stand in for fossils in this area. They,the 2 HLCX units that is, are freshly repainted and headed for assignment east of here. Perhaps on the UP even. Both were off line. Train was pulling a hill thru here, not more than 15 mph perhaps. Was a nice morning here in Western Wyoming, this train and one other a bit farther west were the only 2 trains I saw from McCammon Idaho to Granger Wy. Some Mow being done west and a Loram Rail Grinder was tied down near Soda Springs Id. (At least that is where I believe it was). Taken today July 19 2014 near Fossil Butte Wyoming. TFL. Ben

Date: 07/19/14 15:52
Re: No Fossils here
Author: zfan

Nice pic Ben! That's a fun line to follow from McCammon to Kemmerer. Lots of track work this time of year though, so I imagine the trains run at night. It sure would be nice to get a storm to scour out these smoky skies out west here!

Date: 07/19/14 16:05
Author: 3rdswitch

Good shot in a good spot in a seldom seen area. Can't ask for much more.
JB

Date: 07/19/14 16:40
Author: ns1000

I REALLY like Pic 1!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds