Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A few KC Questions from MAC Shops

Date: 08/09/14 18:15
A few KC Questions from MAC Shops
Author: ns2557

On Friday, I happened to be in the KC MO area and as usual I just had to stop by the Mid America Car Shops/Locomotive there. Found some interesting units as I seem to always find. First, what's with all the UP C40-8's there? At least 8 or more on the grounds. One's I could ID readily were 9220, 9355, 9164, 9169, 9285, 9344. Are they just getting ready to scrap em or something else? And, ITSX SD40-2 6995 in Red, fresh paint, was waiting to go out, I would guess. Seems as if this one was one that was an ex JLCX unit perhaps. Looks good in red, fresh paint. Who is it for and where might it be headed for? Thanks to any and all who may hold the answers and are willing to reply. All shot's taken on Aug 8 2014 at the MAC Shops in KCMO. Ben

Date: 08/09/14 19:30
Re: A few KC Questions from MAC Shops
Author: MP555

ns2557 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ITSX SD40-2 6995 in Red, fresh paint, was waiting
> to go out, I would guess. Seems as if this one was
> one that was an ex JLCX unit perhaps.

I agree. After BNSF, I have it as MJRX, then JLCX and now ITSX. Thanks for the picture.

Date: 08/09/14 20:00
Author: bnsfsd70

MP555 Wrote:
> I agree. After BNSF, I have it as MJRX, then JLCX
> and now ITSX. Thanks for the picture.

And before BNSF, this was a CN unit.

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 08/09/14 22:01
Author: cctgm

ITS is a third party contractor that's handles loading and off loading of containers and trailers at intermodal facilities I know they switch some of the BNSF ramps and do the ramp work under contract to the railroads, they have gone from old switchers and 1st generation GP units to having SD40 units at most locations to handle big cuts of cars.
Safe weekend to all

Date: 08/10/14 00:20
Author: ble692

The UP C40-8's are there to be returned to service. UP has contracted out quite a bit of locomotive work recently, including a good number of the C40-8's that have been or are being returned to service. There should be 11 of the UP C40-8's there right now, with at least a couple more to come.

Date: 08/10/14 16:46
Author: brc600

ble692 Wrote:
> The UP C40-8's are there to be returned to
> service. UP has contracted out quite a bit of
> locomotive work recently, including a good number
> of the C40-8's that have been or are being
> returned to service. There should be 11 of the UP
> C40-8's there right now, with at least a couple
> more to come.

Relco in Albia, Iowa received several. I saw a fan's shot taken several months ago of six behind CP units through Ottumwa, Iowa area. Good to see.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds