Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > 3 on the Tri-City Railroad

Date: 08/11/14 22:27
3 on the Tri-City Railroad
Author: Roadrailer

Monday morning while heading for work, I heard the BNSF Byron Turn heading for Richland (WA). Rather quickly, I caught up to their GP28M #1508 and four loads of agricultural lime destined for Delhur, as there is a speed restriction on the Port of Benton railine and a crossing gate failure at Airport Road.
At this point the BNSF stopped to confer with the TCRY crew switching at Con Agra prior to proceeding north.
Just north of the Tri City railroad's shop, the Horn Rapids spur wyes off to the west to serve the City of Richland industrial park. As the BNSF train started down the track, I was surprised to see they were being followed by the TCRY #16, which was previously working Con Agra.
As they cleared the leg of the wye, I heard another horn from the north which turned out to be TCRY #32 was returning south from Hanford with their scrap gons they took out last Thursday (http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,3488090,3488090#msg-3488090)

1) BNSF 1508 pulls four loads of lime north through Richland between Hwy 240 and the TCRY shops.
2) TCRY 32 returns from Hanford with the two gondolas loaded over the weekend with scrap.
3) TCRY 16 pulls two UP-forwarded hoppers from the Delhur siding to allow BNSF to deliver their loads and pick up the single empty.

This is the busiest I've ever seen the TCRY.
Thanks for looking,

Date: 08/12/14 07:35
Re: 3 on the Tri-City Railroad
Author: FiveChime

#16 there looks pretty horny and the oscillating light is a nice touch too!

Thanks for posting.

Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 08/12/14 08:31
Author: rrpreservation

No, it just has a large horn section.

Kidding aside, is there a high volume traffic area to require that use?

Date: 08/12/14 09:02
Author: Roadrailer

rrpreservation Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, it just has a large horn section.
>
> Kidding aside, is there a high volume traffic area
> to require that use?

The MP15AC locomotives were purchased by the DOE for use on the Hanford reservation.
Other than a few highway crossings, I suspect they just were spending money.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds