Home Open Account Help 254 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Date Nail Pics.

Date: 08/19/14 14:45
Date Nail Pics.
Author: upkpfan

Here are some of the date nails that were displayed at the Date nail Show I hosted in Salina, KS Fri., and Sat. upkpfan

#1 This is by a guy from NE and the numbers spell out the date he started with UP and then when he
retired from UP in 2006.
#2 Is date nails spelling out the letters of his name.
#3 Is 1 box of about 6 this guy from TX had.

Date: 08/19/14 14:50
Re: Date Nail Pics.

3 more pics.

#4 Is of some Pole nails the same guy from TX had.
#5 Is a 4 table group of RR Misc. from a Topeka guy.
#6 Is a table of refurbished RR lanterns and a step stool from a guy in IA.

Date: 08/19/14 14:57

3 more upkpfan

#7 There were two collectors that also collect other things besides date nails. I collect models
of Heavy Equip and I brought a few of them to display and let folks enjoy them. One guy wanted
to buy about five of them and I said Not for sale.
#8 On the left is my collection of UP switch nails and on the right is my date nails.
#8 A friend of mine from Hoisington, KS collects RR pencils which he has 1100 of.

Date: 08/19/14 15:02

Last one.

#10 Last pic. is another shot of more of his RR pencils. He also collects, the small RR calendars
and matchbooks. His display and my models is in the Hobby display which they don't give awards
for anymore in order to save expanse. We brought them just to let the people see them.
Thank you for looking and hope you enjoy these. upkpfan

Date: 08/19/14 15:33
Author: Bridg3guy

The individual whose date nail collection from NE pictures 1 & 2 maybe the same guy I worked for at UP. Is he retired and living near Valentine NE along the Niobrara. Last I know he had a pretty big ranch out around Springview NE.

Date: 08/20/14 02:54
Author: 494

Wow, Narragansett Pier RR!

Date: 08/20/14 06:41
Author: camelot7unplugged

Wow I would loved to been there, thanks for the photos.

Date: 08/20/14 10:12
Author: wag216

Photo #3- is Kansas Gas and Electric plates from the Independence Division, (Montgomery County, Kansas).

Photo #4- shows Dick Spain, a retired Santa Fe telegrapher and long-time NRHS member. (and a friend of wag216)

Date: 08/20/14 14:35
Author: ns1000

WOOOOW...!! Interesting stuff...!!! Thanks for sharing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0458 seconds