Home Open Account Help 180 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Pueblo Colo early this morning

Date: 08/30/14 10:38
Pueblo Colo early this morning
Author: ns2557

Took off from the house early hoping to catch some action in Pueblo this morning. Did manage a shot or 2 while out.

Was trying to get a shot from the hill off of I25 here where BNSF crosses over Santa Fe Ave. Got a train, but after looking around, realized the shot I had in mind would not work. So, this is what I got instead. BNSF 5145 and 2 with what appears to be a Cement Train.

Shot 2 is over at the UP Yard here in Pblo. That's UP 1343/1063/1343/1425 waiting for work. That 1063 is looking abit faded in ex SP Pnt.

Shot 3. A kinda surprise. CP 8840 with NS 9239 out in front of the yard office at Pueblo. Always nice to catch some off road power over this way. Not sure where they were headed but only had the one car attached.

Thanks for looking. It's now back home to do some chores that need attendin. Take care, be safe all. Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/14 10:39 by ns2557.

Date: 08/30/14 18:29
Re: Pueblo Colo early this morning
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice bunch.
JB

Date: 08/30/14 21:44
Author: santafe199

Your #2 is one of those "just plain cool" shots! I'm really starting to appreciate a good shot of a standard EMD cab (no matter what minor variations abound). The same EMD cab I was so sick of seeing 30 years ago? You bet!

Lance

Date: 08/31/14 07:46
Author: ns2557

santafe199 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your #2 is one of those "just plain cool" shots!
> I'm really starting to appreciate a good shot of a
> standard EMD cab (no matter what minor variations
> abound). The same EMD cab I was so sick of seeing
> 30 years ago? You bet!
>
> Lance, I wholeheartedly agree with ya. They have a certain appeal to em, esp in the day and age of Wide Noses and look a like units. Ben (Not that the EMD Standard didn't look like
other Cabs at the time, back when.)

Date: 08/31/14 07:58
Author: judahrice

so sad to see 9738 patched. Remember seeing that one in Texas a few years back. Nice catch, anyways!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.043 seconds