Home Open Account Help 223 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Conductor Question

Date: 03/12/01 20:41
BNSF Conductor Question
Author: uprail

I would like to know whether any BNSF engineers/conductors can recognize the conductor in this picture. This was taken on the Needles subdivision at Mile Post 689, East of Ludlow, CA., 03 March 2001 at about 0530. Train was heading West to Barstow. Thanks,

uprail

Date: 03/12/01 20:46
RE: BNSF Conductor Question
Author: chrisb

Before anyone answers your question don't you think you'd better explain why your asking??

Date: 03/12/01 20:50
Author: tjb

Don't recognize him but it looks like he is asleep! Probably his 30th day in a row without a D/O.

Date: 03/12/01 20:52

The reason I ask, is this is the first time I have ever been able to get anybody within the cab to show up in a picture so if the conductor came into Barstow someday, I would be more than happy to just give him this picture as a momento for his family or whatever. Just a nice thing to do in this world in which we survive.

uprail

Date: 03/13/01 07:52
Westbound?
Author: odub

Not knowing the layout around Ludlow, I might ask a naive question about orientation of the train. 530 AM indicates sunrise - from the east I'd guess although we know that Arizonans can be a contrary lot. Now, in many parts of the country, a westbound wouldn't have sun on its nose, but is this an areas of significant curvature?

What I'm mean is - for those of us unfamiliar with the area, what's the topography and rail alignment like? Anybody got a map of the area they could post?

Date: 03/13/01 08:02
Oops - wrong state
Author: odub

No wonder I couldn't find Ludlow on my AZ map. Boy, do I look silly. In California, we know the sun rises where ever Californians want it to, but I'm still puzzled about the alignment of the tracks in this area.

Date: 03/13/01 11:51

I'm sorry for the time of day blunder! I meant to say 1730 instead of 0530. For the gentleman in Arizona, thanks for catching that.

uprail

Date: 03/13/01 15:01
Author: Tex-Hogger

I can find the name but I'm not going to post it. The train was P-CHIRIC1-01A.

Tex Hogger

Date: 03/13/01 16:40
Author: milwaukee2957

If you look carefully it almost looks like he is reading a book

Date: 03/13/01 20:03
Author: mac10

He was probably making a notation on his signal awareness sheet.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds