Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Any update on Towner Line rail removal?

Date: 09/10/14 09:25
Any update on Towner Line rail removal?
Author: frntinplate

Any new information on rail removal status of the Towner Line? Seems all the threads and links show what was happening, nothing seems to state the current status of court orders or rail removal.

Date: 09/10/14 10:33
Re: Any update on Towner Line rail removal?
Author: NDHolmes

As far as I know, the District Court order served on them just before Labor Day has stopped them from doing anything more, and now it's up to the lawyers. I've been buried in work for the last couple weeks, so I haven't gotten back out to check on them (or for that matter, gotten much of anything else other than work done...)

Date: 09/10/14 11:12
Author: SD45X

Nope. All the spikes pulled from mp824 east to Arlington. Just enough to hold the rail up. Pettibone swingmaster at Arlington with loader and grader. Excavator with magnet as well.

Date: 09/10/14 17:17
Author: frntinplate

Should be interesting to watch all that CWR if the temperatures go way up then down then up. Unrestrained CWR can really form some kinks...

Date: 09/17/14 16:28
Author: scwillis

Here is the letter to V&S offering to purchase the Towner line 120+/- miles for $10MM. A suit was also filed in Federal court to block any scrapping action until the STB approves the removal. Posting the PDF would have been much easier than three photos.

SCW

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0477 seconds