Home Open Account Help 251 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Photoshop miracles

Date: 09/16/14 02:25
Photoshop miracles
Author: santafe199

This is no doubt old hat stuff for many of you TO & Photoshop veterans. But I'm still at that slack-jawed stage of awe with the wonderous things that can be done with Photoshop (& all other similar software).

I was heading home from an impromptu swing through north-central Kansas. With a sunset sky to work with I stopped for a peek at former Missouri Pacific turf in Waterville, KS. I just took a couple of grab shots from my driver's seat. When I got home to Manhattan and looked at the images on screen I realized they were shot @ 200 ISO instead of 800 like I had intended. I almost deleted them, but decided to play a bit with Photoshop. I only applied Photoshop's 'auto contrast' (2nd image). My result was a bit startling. It's still hard to believe this 'miracle rescue'. I wont be deleting this image, that's for sure...

1. Sunset scene along the former Missouri Pacific branch line in Waterville, KS on September 2, 2014.

2. Same image with a simple Photoshop adjustment.

Thanks for looking twice!
Lance Garrels
santafe199
(posted from the Front Royal [VA] campground on the toto vacation road)

Date: 09/16/14 06:09
Re: Photoshop miracles
Author: twjurgens

Nice!

Date: 09/16/14 07:24
Author: Torisgod

Excellent Photoshop job, but I think that the second photo is more likely to win art contests if entered as a painting.

Tor in Eugene

Date: 09/16/14 07:37
Author: Auburn_Ed

I took it one step further........ removed some noise. Great photo.

Ed

Date: 09/16/14 08:31
Author: SD45X

Sweet!!! IOTD! !!!!!

Posted from Android

Date: 09/16/14 09:00
Author: 4000Class

Impressive!

Date: 09/16/14 13:31
Author: wa4umr

You didn't say whether you shot it in RAW or not but it's amazing what you can do when you start from RAW. As a matter of fact, it's amazing what you can do with allot of the software available these days.

John

Date: 09/16/14 20:41
Author: santafe199

Auburn_Ed Wrote:
> I took it one step further...

It looks good on my cell phone. But I'm having issues with my laptop, so I'll have to wait till I get back home to OZ to look at it on my computer screen. Thanks for the additional editing, though. It will give me something to shoot for...

And to answer the follow up question: No, the image was not shot in RAW.

Signed: toto on vacation, camped out next to some lake SE of Roanoke VA.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0619 seconds