Home Open Account Help 255 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > few Joint Line . . .

Date: 09/18/14 17:36
few Joint Line . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

. . this fine beautiful afternoon in the neighborhood. The neighborhood being Palmer Lake, CO, located along the joint UP-BNSF Denver Pueblo Joint Line main. Headed down for lunch in Monument this morning around 1145 hrs and noticed a stopped BNSF southbound coal load not even half way over the top of the divide. Closer inspection revealed a break in two about twenty cars deep. After lunch, gas (not related to lunch ;-))and some shopping arrived back in the neighborhood around 1430 hrs to find this train still here although the rear half had been pulled north to clear the crossing. Around 1530 hrs they had set out a car and put the train back together with a relief crew on hand. Finally around 1700 hrs they started pulling south again after more than five hours delay with amazingly the southbound BNSF Pikes Peak Local the only train delayed behind so headed down to catch the local at the Sag (top), a couple miles north of Palmer Lake as it still has the pair of exSanta Fe SD40-2's it has had for well over a month which is quite unusual. With this nice pair for power headed back to the "lake" for another shot (middle) then headed south a mile to wait for a reported CREX leading a northbound BNSF coal empty and sure enough the info was correct as it approached in great afternoon light (bottom) ending a quick hour or so out and about.
JB

Date: 09/18/14 18:02
Re: few Joint Line . . .
Author: Hermosa45

Nice pictures, Joe.

See you Saturday.

Hermosa45

Date: 09/18/14 18:12
Author: 3rdswitch

Yes you will, looking forward to it and you spoiling me with my request!
JB

Date: 09/18/14 18:50
Author: Cajon92

Excellent shots, JB. Loving the pair of ex-Santa Fe SD40-2s.

Thanks for sharing,

~Ryan

Date: 09/18/14 19:32
Author: spider1319

Just love the Santa Fe shots.I remember when they were new.Bill Webb

Date: 09/18/14 19:55
Author: SP8595

Nice catches out there today! Strange to hear of the train breaking in 2 on a nice, Beautiful day!?!

Date: 09/18/14 21:04
Author: NH2006

Love a matched pair of blue & yellow Santa Fe in this day and age. Nice!

Date: 09/19/14 16:36
Author: ns1000

GREAT pics!!! Pic 2 is my favorite!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0392 seconds