Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > ? for BNSF Locomotive experts

Date: 09/18/14 18:43
? for BNSF Locomotive experts
Author: sp1827ml

While out railfanning the Walthan Way industrial area east of Sparks NV, I saw the BNSF local working with two GP 60's. One was Warbonnet GP 60m 151 and the other was GP 60 199. Unit 199 was in fresh Swoosh paint. I was wondering if this was the converted GP 60 b unit? If not, what were the original 4000 and 8700 numbers for this unit? This is the first swoosh painted GP 60 that I have seen. Thanks for any information.

Mark
Reno NV

Date: 09/18/14 18:48
Re: ? for BNSF Locomotive experts
Author: NSDash9

BNSF 199 is former BNSF 169/HLCX 7701/Texas Mexican 870. It was repaired and repainted following a wreck on BNSF.

Chris Toth
NSDash9.com

Date: 09/18/14 18:55

Thanks Chris. Guess the answer to my questions was D, none of the above. LOL!! The BNSF shop crews did a great job with that unit.
Mark
Reno NV

Date: 09/18/14 19:08

Here are a couple of previous threads showing it in its wrecked condition:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2716403

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2993131

Chris Toth
NSDash9.com

Date: 09/18/14 19:27

Thanks for the pictures showing the wreck damage. Wish I knew how to post pictures on TO because I would have never guessed that was the same locomotive that I saw this afternoon.

Mark
Reno NV

Date: 09/18/14 19:44

Mark:

To post photos:

When composing a message, click on the "Attach a file" link (located just above the left side of the message box) and a new field will appear with a Browse button and an Attach button next to it. Click on the Browse button and a file upload menu should appear that lists all of the files on your computer. You need to click your way through that menu to find the image file that you wish to upload. Once you have found the particular image file you wish to upload, click on it with your mouse pointer. The location of the image file on your computer should then automatically appear in the field next to the Browse button. Click the Attach button. If you wish to include another image with the same message, click on the "Attach another file" link and repeat the previous process. You can post three images per message. Reply to your first message if you want to add more than three images and you can add three more images per reply.

Date: 09/19/14 08:51
Author: SD452XR

The GP60B that was converted to a standard cab GP60 is now BN 200.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0568 seconds